what about rust ?
i see some other libre distro blacklisted rust for some reason:
so what are the state of rust in parabola ? it is approved here ?
what about rust - bill-auger - 7 months ago -
i know that some people have expressed concerns; but not formally
addressed by the FSDG work-group - there is no imperative for
any distro to do anything, without a strong recommendation by
the FSDG work-group
off-hand, i can offer only these few observations:
- AFAIK, the rust trademark policy is essentially the same as firefox, thunderbird, etc
- if there is a freedom problem with rust, it would probably be exactly the same problem for all mozilla things
- rust is not a new program; and the alleged problem is obvious - so the same concern could have been raised many years ago; but it has not
- pretty much every distro distributes all of those mozilla softwares; but the trademark policy has never been seen as an impediment to software feedom
- to my knowledge. it has not been discussed on any of the of the parabola, FSDG, gnuzilla, or FSD mailing lists