Project

General

Profile

Feature Request #1519

Bug #803: [EPIC]: grapichal installation for parabola LiveISOs

ISO installer LUKS support

Necklace - about 2 years ago - . Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
fixed
Priority:
feature
Category:
-
Assignee:
% Done:

0%


Description

Tried installing the Preview/Beta Systemd LXDE Dual (i686 and x86_64) ISO without encryption and it worked just fine.
Then, when I tried installing the Preview/Beta Systemd LXDE Dual (i686 and x86_64) ISO with FDE it failed.
See screenshot and logfile.


Files

log.txt (33.3 KB) log.txt Necklace, 2017-11-10 05:24 PM

History

#1

Updated by bill-auger about 2 years ago

that GUI error is meaningless - the important information is in the 'pkexec' window

i have not tested it yet but i think that LUKS is not enabled for the graphical installer - for now you could try the command line /home/parabola/install.sh script if you like

#2

Updated by bill-auger about 2 years ago

  • File deleted (2017-11-10-174845_1920x1080_scrot.png)
#3

Updated by Necklace about 2 years ago

bill-auger wrote:

that GUI error is meaningless - the important information is in the 'pkexec' window

Huh.

i have not tested it yet but i think that LUKS is not enabled for the graphical installer - for now you could try the command line /home/parabola/install.sh script if you like

That's interesting, the command line installer works but does not seem have an FDE option so I would need to set it up and configure it myself (and if I were to do that I would just set up my system as I normally do anyway).

I think we can 'borrow' (if the licenses allow it) some code from other calamares setups (I think manjaro has one, antergos probably too).

#4

Updated by bill-auger about 2 years ago

almost surely no new code is needed - im nearly certain that encryption support is a compile-time option - it simply is not enabled - if the install script does not support it, then that means no such feature ever existed - so this is not actually a bug but a feature request - duly noted thank you

#5

Updated by bill-auger about 2 years ago

  • Priority changed from bug to wish
  • Subject changed from Preview/Beta Systemd LXDE Dual (i686 and x86_64) ISO throws traceback on install w/ FDE Enabled to ISO installer LUKS support
#6

Updated by bill-auger about 2 years ago

  • Priority changed from wish to feature
#7

Updated by frostmonkey almost 2 years ago

Necklace wrote:

bill-auger wrote:

that GUI error is meaningless - the important information is in the 'pkexec' window

Huh.

i have not tested it yet but i think that LUKS is not enabled for the graphical installer - for now you could try the command line /home/parabola/install.sh script if you like

That's interesting, the command line installer works but does not seem have an FDE option so I would need to set it up and configure it myself (and if I were to do that I would just set up my system as I normally do anyway).

I think we can 'borrow' (if the licenses allow it) some code from other calamares setups (I think manjaro has one, antergos probably too).

I love this idea! being able to do fde with gui = awesome.

#8

Updated by frostmonkey almost 2 years ago

bill-auger wrote:

almost surely no new code is needed - im nearly certain that encryption support is a compile-time option - it simply is not enabled - if the install script does not support it, then that means no such feature ever existed - so this is not actually a bug but a feature request - duly noted thank you

please make an openrc lxde iso with this if you can, the manjaro calameres would be awesome in an openrc lxde iso.

#9

Updated by bill-auger over 1 year ago

  • Assignee set to bill-auger
  • Tracker changed from Bug to Feature Request
#10

Updated by bill-auger over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from open to fixed
#11

Updated by bill-auger over 1 year ago

  • Parent task set to #803

Also available in: Atom PDF