Feature Request #2353
[your-system sanity][python2-pip] not detected
python2-pip is third‐party package manager which is not detected by your-system-sanity.
- Assignee set to freemor
- Status changed from unconfirmed to confirmed
Thanks for that. I'm gonna re-do your-system sanity to be in-line with the other blacklists. The use I had planned for the ALPM-hook is not workable so I'll re-write for a more uniform experience.
Updated by bill-auger 4 months ago
- Priority changed from bug to feature
- Status changed from confirmed to open
- Subject changed from [python2-pip] Third‐party package manager to [your-system sanity][python2-pip] not detected
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature Request
awesome, i didnt know you had finished this - we should probably add a wiki page about it - im not clear exactly what it does - the short description is a bit vague:
"This package Warns about and fails to install/upgrade any offending Third Party Package Manager."
i remember discussing the warning; but in which cases would it reject the package install or upgrade? - i also remember discussion to move all TPPMs to a new optional repo, something like [dev-tools]; to make it more obvious when some other package or user-installed third-party package requires a TPPM - in the same line or reasoning for removing 'rubygems' from the deps of the main ruby package - is that still part if the plan?