[openrc-desktop]: unable to start - typo in init scripts
rc-service acpid start
I got this
* Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ] * Starting acpid ... * start-stop-daemon: /usr/usr/bin/acpid does not exist * Failed to start acpid [ !! ] * ERROR: acpid failed to start
Changing /etc/init.d/acpid from
... command="/usr/usr/bin/acpid" ...
... command="/usr/bin/acpid" ...
fixed the issue
Updated by bill-auger 7 months ago
- Assignee set to Megver83
- Subject changed from acpid unable to start to [acpid-openrc][wpa_supplicant-openrc]: unable to start - typs in init scripts
these are in different packages; but the typo is the same - so maybe this affects other init scripts too? - we should probably check to see if there are any others
nona - do you have 'wpa_supplicant-openrc' installed? - does that start properly for you?
# rc-service wpa_supplicant restart * Could not find a wireless interface * ERROR: wpa_supplicant failed to start
I do not actually have a wireless interface. I think that asking me is useless, but I do see that the same problem exists in the init script (namely /usr/usr/ should only be /usr).
There is a typo in the title of this bug: typs should be typo.
Updated by bill-auger about 1 month ago
- Status changed from unconfirmed to confirmed
- Subject changed from [acpid-openrc][wpa_supplicant-openrc]: unable to start - typo in init scripts to [acpid-openrc][wpa_supplicant-openrc][gpm-openrc']: unable to start - typo in init scripts
also 'nonsystemd/gpm-openrc' - possiby others - these are the ones i have installed:
$ grep '/usr/usr/' /etc/init.d/* /etc/init.d/acpid:command="/usr/usr/bin/acpid" /etc/init.d/gpm:command=/usr/usr/bin/gpm /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant:command=/usr/usr/bin/wpa_supplicant
Updated by Megver83 about 1 month ago
- Status changed from confirmed to fixed
- Subject changed from [acpid-openrc][wpa_supplicant-openrc][gpm-openrc']: unable to start - typo in init scripts to [openrc-desktop]: unable to start - typo in init scripts
this happened because of a wrong sed expression, which I just fixed: