[pcr/ucsniff-ace] Asks to replace 'ace'
I have [ace] package installed from AUR, but pacman asks me to replace it with unrelated package [pcr/ucnsiff-ace].
If [aur/ace] is non-free, please inform me and close this issue.
Updated by bill-auger 7 days ago
- Priority changed from bug to wish
- Status changed from unconfirmed to open
- Subject changed from [pcr/ucsniff-ace] Asks to replace [aur/ace] to [pcr/ucsniff-ace] Asks to replace 'ace'
- Tracker changed from Bug to Housekeeping
ucnsiff-ace is unrelated to the 'ace' package in AUR; but it is
related to the 'ace' package that was apparently in arch or
parabola at one time; but those are not the same program
pacman does not intentionally conflict with anything in the AUR
- this is a case of people giving their software a name, which
is already used by some other software
no arch package exists not with that name now, so it could be
removed from the replaces array