Packaging Request #3353
Add back ghidra (was: [ghidra] Various freedom and technical issues)
- Line 46:
Ignore lack of licensing for YAJSW zip, packed FID datasets, and the native binaries
- Not built from source
- Built from VCS, not sourceball
- Missing checksums
Yet more yucky Java
- Status changed from unconfirmed to confirmed
Thanks a lot for the information.
Ghidra is a java application and Arch Linux usually doesn't build java packages from sources.
I'll remove it for now and I'll then move this bugreport as a request for packaging ghidra properly.
There is also a lot of work needed for properly packaging Java applications in Parabola. We still have log4j if I recall well.
- Status changed from confirmed to open
- Subject changed from [ghidra] Various freedom and technical issues to Add back ghidra (was: [ghidra] Various freedom and technical issues)
- Tracker changed from Freedom Issue to Packaging Request
ghidra is now blacklisted.
So to add it back, someone needs to send a PKGBUILD (or a patch that adds that PKGBUILD) to build it from source.
It will probably require packaging its dependencies as well.