I tried to install parabola from scratch instead of liberating Arch (I
won't do that), the iso is from september 2013. I encounter some issues
regarding this topic:
- The parabola-keyring needs to be upgraded because packages' integrity
verification failed saying it couldn't verify Nicolás Reynolds (fauno)
key. I talked to fauno and he said that he updated his keys a couple of
months ago so the problem is that the new package are signed with the
new fauno's key.
- /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist is out of date, it still has the repos that
where down some months ago.
- When I tried to "# mkinitcpio linux-libre" an error jumped saying:
"/lib/modules/3.10-10-1-LINUX-LIBRE" is not a valid kernel module
directory. Appearantly the module in question is not the same as the one
downloded with pacstrap, so they make a conflict (at least I think
that´s the reason)
We should update the iso because there are many other peoples that won't
know that to do.
Thanks, in advance
Updated by Gravi almost 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from open to fixed
ISOs will be released the first day of every even month, or every three up to 4 per year.
This will be announced clearly at the beginning of 2015, along with the series of different releases (presumably 3 flavours per release)
- Parabola Minimal (Normal release)
- Parabola X11 (X11+i3+artwork)
- TalkingParabola (Normal release with accesibility features for blind people)