Feature Request #2343
Bug #2108: ISO fails to boot with libreboot
[systemd/x86_64 Preview/Beta ISO 2019-06-pre]
Test results of systemd-cli-x86_64-netinstall iso built from a118622a99691d ("unified" branch)
I built the iso and tested installation on a laptop, going by Installation Guide. Here are quirks I encountered:
- (outside of chroot) had to manually put this to /etc/resolv.conf
openresolv package would take care of it automatically (at least it does on my regular Parabola install)
- (outside of chroot) default /etc/pacman.conf has pcr-testing repo enabled
- (inside chroot) /etc/hosts is empty by default. Should contain localhost?
- (inside chroot) `modprobe efivars` doesn't work - module not found
- (inside chroot) on EFI, `grub-install` doesn't work without efibootmgr
installed in /mnt. Can be installed from outside chroot with
`pacstrap /mnt efibootmgr`
- (inside chroot) on EFI, grub-install doesn't work without mounting EFI
partition. Can be mounted from outside with:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot/efi # /dev/sda1 is fat32 EFI partition
- After installation with GRUB, I had to manually add its entry
(FS1:/EFI/grub/grubx64.efi) - likely due to laptop's EFI FW being wonky.
Probably worth a mention in GRUB section.
Otherwise install went fine.
Updated by bill-auger almost 2 years ago
- Priority changed from bug to discussion
- Assignee set to bill-auger
- Status changed from unconfirmed to in progress
- Description updated (diff)
- Subject changed from Test results of systemd-cli-x86_64-netinstall iso built from a118622a99691d ("unified" branch) to [systemd/x86_64 ISO] Test results built from "unified" branch a118622a99691d
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature Request
there is a pre-release systemd/LXDE ISO for x86_64, for others to try - other than the desktop, it should be essentially the same as the CLI ISO described in the OP
if any problems are found with that one, please do add them to this ticket