[nonsystemd/libretools]: fails to create chroot - pacstrap: invalid option -- 'd'
- steps to reproduce:
1) # pacman -Sy libretools your-initfreedom
2) $ sudo librechroot -A x86_64 make # before running this make sure that chroot directory if empty (it's /var/lib/archbuild/default/ by default)
- expected result:
librechroot will be generated in /var/lib/archbuild/default/
- actual result:
==> ERROR: pacstrap: invalid option -- 'd'
I've tried to compile libretools from abslibre/nonsystemd  but it failed with:
ronn --roff --manual='libretools Manual' --organization='Parabola' < 'src/lib/messages.sh.3.ronn' > 'src/lib/messages.sh.3' EDIT < src/lib/archroot.sh.in > src/lib/archroot.sh `RubyGems' were not loaded.The fix is to apply (at least) these patches from abslibre/libre/libretools :
I also have the following question:
What is preferred way of suggesting package fixes/updates/patches?
It seems like a lot of updpkg are ignored in pagure  without explanation why they weren't been merged.
Updated by bill-auger 2 months ago
- Assignee set to bill-auger
- Status changed from unconfirmed to in progress
- Subject changed from [libretools] nonsystemd version fails to create chroot to [nonsystemd/libretools]: fails to create chroot - pacstrap: invalid option -- 'd'
the reason this has not been fixed is because of the ruby-ronn dependency - IIRC without that, the documentation does not get built - i suggest simply fixing that pacstrap command in your local copy for now
those PRs on pagure are not ignored or rejected - if they were rejected, the PR would be closed - they simply have not been seen by the package maintainer yet - i would rather not touch those unless something is broken