Packaging Request #2080
Add back neverball (and check the octocat freedom status)?
neverball packages includes octocat, which is not allowed by GitHub IIRC. Also, it is freedom issue.
Updated by freemor over 4 years ago
- File license-octocat.md license-octocat.md added
They do indeed seem to have permission to use to logo. See attached license-octocat.md
If this is a freedom issue. Then it is trivial to fix.
I already have a functioning neverball with the octocat ball removed.
I just want to be sure it's actually a freedom issue before creating yet another package to maintain.
Updated by bill-auger about 4 years ago
- Status changed from open to unconfirmed
Updated by GNUtoo 4 months ago
- Status changed from unconfirmed to open
- Subject changed from neverball octocat to Add back neverball (and check the octocat freedom status)?
- Tracker changed from Freedom Issue to Packaging Request
Arch Linux has removed neverball (I don't know why though): https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=neverball
So we don't have to care about this bug anymore since we don't ship neverball anymore.
Though neverball can probably be re-added in the PCR repository. In that case someone would have to check the octocat license.
I've moved that as packging request not to loose the information about the octocat license in case someone wants to add back neverball.